Here are five ways to support local food/drink industry during the coronavirus outbreak – let’s do our part in helping local industry weather the storm and come back better then ever!
- Purchase restaurant gift cards for yourself and family
Gift cards are your answer. Support your local bars and restaurants by purchasing gift cards for yourself, family, and friends that you can use. It minimizes contact while also providing a steady cash flow to mom-and-pop places.
- Order direct when it is a option
Order direct when it is an option for you. 2nd and 3rd party delivery services typically take a 15-30% cut of of the profits so when you have the option to avoid it, please do!
- Speaking of delivery services … use local ones!
- Write positive reviews of local restaurants and engage with them on social media or better yet on cheapskatesonline.com!
Show some love, support and encouragement by engaging with your favorite local establishments by writing positive reviews (even if your food was catered/delivered). This pandemic is truly revealing the power of our deep rooted need for social connection. Give them a 5 Star on cheapksatesonline.com
- Buy swag or promotional gear
Buy that hat, t-shirt, toque, hoodie, koozie for a loved one or yourself. Every dollar spent in support will help them to keep those doors open.
I hope you found these tips helpful and I welcome you to add more!!! Comment below!!