Restaurants, bars, food trucks and concession stands.
Under the new restrictions, the following actions have been ordered:
- Ensure that no more than six people are seated at each table in an indoor or outdoor area.
- Ensure that patrons are seated at all times except:
- while entering the area and while moving to their table,
- while placing or picking up an order,
- while paying for an order,
- while exiting the area,
- while going to or returning from a washroom,
- while lining up to do anything described in the preceding five points,
- where necessary for the purposes of health and safety.
- Ensure that patrons seated at different tables are separated by:
- a distance of at least 2 m, or
- plexiglass or some other impermeable barrier.
- Record the name and contact information of every patron that enters an indoor or outdoor dining area in the establishment, other than patrons who temporarily enter the area to place, pick up or pay for a takeout order.
- maintain the records for a period of at least one month, and
- only disclose the records to a medical officer of health or an inspector under the Health Protection and Promotion Act on request for a purpose specified in Section 2 of that Act or as otherwise required by law.
Business operators who fail to comply with the new measures may be fined up to $5,000 for every day they commit a violation. Corporations may face up to a $25,000 fine for each day a violation is committed.